Read the Blog

CONNECT

NAVIGATE

Goodbye House | Personal | Saying Goodbye and Starting Anew

July 23, 2018

Filed in: Personal

There’s something about leaving a home when you’ve experienced loss within it. This place. This little 400 plus square foot apartment has become such a safe haven. A place where I hold my most intimate moments. A place where I’ve become more introverted than I ever thought possible. A place where I’ve found comfort and rest. A place of mourning and a place for celebration. We said goodbye to our second baby in this home. And we welcomed our third (first living) here as well. We faced the reality of loosing our third for just shy of 4 months, here. Right on the couch which is where I stayed, day and occasional night, praying she would grow just one more day. Just me more often than not, me and this place, and all my thoughts. It’s a time I still don’t think I’ve come to grips with. I don’t know if I ever will. This place. We’ve turned it into a home. Even though it’s just a tiny building and not worth what we’ve paid, Ive loved picking things out for it, putting it together, making it comfortable and quaint. The perfect mix of cottage eclectic and costal. Here we are with our almost 10 month old, ready for more space and I’m struggling to say goodbye. So silly, I know but this place we truly made a home unlike any place, since WA, 10 years ago. Praying there will not be a hat trick of losses in the next place and hopeful for nothing but more happy moments of raising our daughter together, and friends and family visiting. Goodbye sweet home. May you bless the ones who enter you in the future as you have us.

comments +

1. Marquette

August 7th, 2018 at 2:51 pm

What a beautiful little space!! It’s adorable! And what a haven for so many emotions and memories; you’ll always hold that spot dear for sure. I’m glad you have beautiful photos of it to take with you. Something I wished we’d done from the beginning: get a shot of us standing in front of each house/apartment we lived in!

2. Marquette

August 7th, 2018 at 2:51 pm

3. Tioalyn

August 7th, 2018 at 4:25 pm

What a beautiful home! I bet it is so hard saying good-bye but so excited for the memories you are about to make in your new home! I am sure with your beautiful baby girl the new memories will come flooding in!

4. Tioalyn

August 7th, 2018 at 4:25 pm

5. Claire

August 7th, 2018 at 7:37 pm

Did I read that right, only 400ish square feet!? You did an amazing job of utilizing your space and making it feel so big and welcoming, all at once! I hope you’ll share photos of your new home. I can’t wait to see you work your magic!

6. Claire

August 7th, 2018 at 7:37 pm

7. Kate

August 7th, 2018 at 9:27 pm

I love all of your home decor – I’m sure it will help your next space feel just as comfortable and filled with love and memories.

8. Kate

August 7th, 2018 at 9:27 pm

9. Karen Shoufler

August 8th, 2018 at 6:27 pm

What a beautiful space you created! What a great idea to document this change in your lives. Your daughter is precious.

10. Karen Shoufler

August 8th, 2018 at 6:27 pm

11. Misty

August 10th, 2018 at 12:11 am

It’s always hard to say goodbye to your home, but hooray for something new!!! Can’t wait to see the new place!

12. Misty